Monday, August 19, 2013

Finally, Doing It!



Yep, two weeks before school starts and I decide to dive into a kitchen makeover!
What was I thinking? 
I've been painting for over a week now now...and I still have a ways to go.  The cabinets
are done and hung back up.  I am now working on the trim, doors and baseboards.
Back to work and school starts one week from today.


I'm really excited about the changes.  Eric's brother helped us install the floor last weekend and
we ordered new counter tops a few days ago.  

Our week is filled with school shopping, appointments, meetings, haircuts, etc...so I won't get much
done this week.  It probably wasn't the best time to start a big project...but when my hubby gave
me the green light...I ran with it!

I can't wait until it's finished...I had researched quite a bit before tackling this...but, you just have
no idea until you get started what you're really getting into!  I never want to paint cabinets again!
  Hopefully we will get it done before Thanksgiving too long.

I will be so excited to show you before and afters!


8 comments:

jen said...

I can't wait!

yaya said...

I'm sure it will look great! I painted our cabinets a few years ago and I love them..but what a mess! I always say there is no such thing as a small project. Looks like you are doing much more than we did..although I so want to get new countertops...that will come soon I hope! I can't wait to see it all finished!

{cindy} said...

this is too funny kerri! I was looking at pinterest and I thought to myself, Kerri is either gonna paint her kitchen white or cut her hair short before summer is over!!!:) haha
can not wait to see! a white kitchen is a dream of mine! take lots of pics and be ready for lots of questions!!
good luck!

Gabe said...

Can't wait to see the finished product:)

Val said...

You are going to love it. I painted mine a few years ago and still am in love with them.

Holly said...

eeek!! I am ready for the reveal!

Kim said...

holy cow! Is that your new floor??? I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! Can't wait to see the final product. I know it's going to be amazing! SO excited for you!

Cindy said...

Wow, you guys must be working sooo hard! Our kitchen is the biggest eyesore in my house. Can't wait to see more teasers and the reveal!!!

 
site design by designer blogs